2.25.2009

Old Fashioned Fun


OK, so here is the next installment in my series of drawings, im leaning toward an idea of danger more and more to go with the theme and the harsh "stabbing" of the pencil strokes, i took a photo this time instead of scanning it at the school so ignore the weirdness in the lower right, its shadow from the biending of the page and I didnt want to waste a ton of time cleaning it up in photoshop

Ive been wanting to work on my pieces titles, kinda do one word abstract things kinda like Phil Hale would, like Probos or Nostromo or Typhoon

any way, let me know what you all think

4 comments:

David Hovey said...

I think this series you have going is getting better and better. Where are you finding your images? Movie stills? Or are you shooting original reference?

PhiL said...

some is my own reference, others are out of books of black and white photos that I found at the library

Anonymous said...

I'll have to agree, this series is coming out very nice, but it's gonna be hard to top the one with the guy in the ski mask, that one was epic. I would say maybe clean up some of your edges and pull out alittle more highlights in the guys face. Good stuff phil.

PhiL said...

Thanks guys, im really glad your all enjoying this shit cuz I enjoy doing it, i need to go back in and darken a few things, i think that will bump up the highlights a ton

Post a Comment