3.09.2009

Childrens Book




Hey everyone, these are three color comps for my children's book, we don't have class this week so I thought I would see what you guys think about them. They are all double page spreads.  The one of only the clouds and the one of the two in the grass will have text on them. I havn't found the right font yet though, so it's not on there yet. The full landscape one is the closest to what I want color wise so far, that muted quiet look is what I'm going for. So let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i really enjoy that i feel like i am apart of the journey. I like the colors but i don't like the word quiet. The swirly wind in the backround needs to be a little more apparent. So, basically If i had a gold star i would give it to you.

Bernadette said...

Quinn these look really cute, but I think they need something else. Maybe you could try changing the colors to something less literal, I don't mean change the intensity because I like the way they are muted. Like make the sky turquoise and the grass pea green yellowish. Maybe it could be like the kid took a few hits of acid and the clouds are like tie dye. I don't know you'll think of something OH or maybe the kid is naked and then he was really dreaming and then he wakes up and he comes out.

Jake Murray said...

That purple elephant makes it for me. My brain exploded with cuteness overload. :P

Mike Puncekar said...

Looking pretty good. The drawing and comps look really good. But I agree with Bernadette about the intensity here. It's so light everywhere you are losing all sense of planes. Becomes very flat. and the focuses could easily be pushed with some contrast. Good luck with the clouds. I have no idea what media you are going to use... but I hate doing clouds.

Post a Comment