7.13.2009

New Theme: Robotics/Mechanical

Themes has returned! After some setbacks on the layout, and some discouragement, and some self-loathing, then excited rejoicing, I've finally got this back up and going.

This new theme is all about the un-organic. It's time to look at factory machines and every bit of tech out there and to come up with something. Whether it has to do with the past, present or future this is really wide open. Which is exactly what we want.

Bit of news stuff now:

Want to tell people: TAG YOUR POSTS. With something that is you. I use my name on all my posts. So if someone wants to see posts specifically with your artwork, that is all they need to do. No one seems to be doing it, and with 255 posts of this writing, no one wants to sift through all that to find everything you've done. Don't go back to do it, although you can if you want, but from now on put something down there in tags to mark it as your own.

Alex Lyon is now a blog admin, and is responsible for getting all of those invites out, as I am just terrible at remembering to do it. So I've said it before but, round of applause to Alex for getting those out. Now to all of you new people, post something so alex doesn't look like a terrible inviter. It's pretty crazy to see this many people involved really, considering oondu at first was only meant to be home to a small collective of 5 or 6. Alas, you just keep thinking of and meeting new people you want on here. All in all, if you want to be involved in all of this talk to Alex. My job now is just to keep the place fresh looking, and sending out occasional invites and keeping the themes going. Should make things a lot less bumpy while school is going.

Now, the layout is pretty much done. Maybe a footer here or there, sidebar prettying up and spacing issues aside... it's done for now. Trying to save all of the work I did already, but the more I looked at the last layout design the more I disliked it. I blame it on bad inspiration, and some neat galaxy photoshop brushes I nabbed. And the recession. And less spicy volcano tacos from Taco Bell. And some other things to avoid saying bad taste. The template is still being really annoying with spacing issues, but it's coming along now, and for whatever reason I'm really in the mood to do this today.

Edit: Finalized the layout. Officially the second template ever completed on Oondu. Woo.

All I can think of for now,
-Mike Puncekar

1 comment:

Bernadette said...

Hey Mike just letting you know that I really like how you have changed the layout!

Post a Comment